Supporting entrepreneurial spirit
Through its actions, National Bank demonstrates its firm commitment to supporting entrepreneurial spirit and furthering knowledge in the world of business, two factors that are essential to social and economic development.
- Donation of $10 million to Campus Montréal — HEC Montréal, Polytechnique Montréal and Université de Montréal (Montreal, Quebec; 2013-2024) to create the National Bank | HEC Montréal Institute for Entrepreneurship, a centre dedicated to supporting business start-ups and takeovers.
- Donation of $3 million to the Faculty of Business Administration at Université Laval (Quebec City, Quebec; 2012-2021) for the construction of the National Bank Centre, which, once completed, will be an epicentre for the development and transfer of business knowledge.
- Donation of $1 million to McGill University (Montreal, Quebec; 2011-2018) to set up bursaries for future business leaders and fellowships for outstanding students at the Desautels Faculty of Management.
- Donation of $500,000 to the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (Trois-Rivières, Quebec; 2011-2015) to help establish the National Bank Research Chair for SME Risk and Innovation Management.
- Continued partnership with the École d’Entrepreneurship de Beauce, which helps groom the next generation of entrepreneurs, and creation of the National Bank Award. The Award, consisting of a $10,000 scholarship, will be presented twice a year to a budding entrepreneur.
- Financial support for students in finance and administration at several Canadian universities, including the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto (Toronto, Ontario) and Queen’s University (Kingston, Ontario).
- Sponsorship of many events that shine the spotlight on entrepreneurship and succession, such as the "Open House on Quebec Farms," organized by the Union des producteurs agricoles, and the conference on business transfers and succession planning at HEC Montréal.